Thursday 27 March 2014

That Fish Pie

After feeling somewhat queezy yesterday I took a good look at the fish pie.  Even with my poor sense of smell and limited eyesight it appeared to be "a little off" and I reluctantly disposed of my next three meals.  The last portion of the frozen lasagna was crying out for attention.

I know...the photo is out of focus!

I've already forced myself to eat the previous three portions and whilst it doesn't smell that bad, I'm not overly fond of the green layer.  It tastes like finely cut lawn clippings.  My willpower wilted and I opted for the cheese and mushroom pizza.  I'm now four dinners short and will either have have to get more entrepreneurial with my culinary skills or do the weekly four-three diet.  This diet is based on thinking about food for four days and then gorging yourself for the following three!  One thing is for certain, I won't be buying any more of this frozen lasagna.  It came as a frozen brick. All I had available to cut it into portions was a cheap bread knife.  The knife wasn't up to the task, but eventually I managed to break up shatter the brick by repeatedly smashing it against any hard and sharp edge in the kitchen.  Now I'll have to explain the dents in the top lip of the stainless sink.

In the pantry there is a tin of Texas Strawberries, 2kg of flour and a dozen eggs.  I should be OK.  However my work colleagues might have a different opinion!  If I get really desperate I can walk to the local supermarket and buy fresh camel or goat.

 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're still living after that dodgy food, Tom. I've been re-reading some of your posts on local driving and you'll need a strong stomach to view this compilation of Saudi fails. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=620_1341213161#rjCWY3rYYPQBK4FH.01

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clive

    It might have been taken on my way to work! :-)

    ReplyDelete