Friday 14 February 2014

A London Taxi

Whilst out walking yesterday I was astonished to see a London taxi pass (minus the sign on the roof) that I failed to take a photo.  I can only assume some wealthy Saudi took a like to the design and decided to import one! 

On this walk I went west stickling to the suburban streets.  My phone tells me where I am so there’s little chance of becoming geographically embarrassed.  Around the compound the accommodation is mostly bland two storey square apartment blocks. However some of the streets further away are full of interesting, and expensive looking homes.

This row of homes were three storey and had a very small courtyard between the house and the front wall.  There is almost no off street parking.

This row looks like it’s been constructed by a developer as they are all the same.  Large and two storey, with very limited off street parking.

This developer has been caught by the recent mass eviction of all the illegal labour and construction has ground to a halt.

The homes on this corner block were rather interesting .  It was only possible to take the photo because the buildings on the block immediately in front had all been demolished leaving a vacant lot.

This was probably the largest single home I’ve seen to date.  I managed to sneak a look through the gate and saw the building was surrounded by a large well manicured lawn which obviously has to be kept reticulated using expensive water.  Obviously a local with money!

I passed by the ‘Golden Arches’ but decided against going it.  My waistline is already expanding courtesy of my own cooking without adding to the problem.  Besides, I have date and walnut loaf waiting back in the unit.  My mixed fruit strawberry jelly has also turned out to be a success.  I’m going to start washing it down with ice cream! 

Tomorrow I plan to take the compound free bus to ‘The Clock Tower’.  I don’t know what is there so it might be an interesting trip.  Hopefully no more, ball gowns, hand bags, watches, perfume or shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment