Thursday 27 February 2014

Looking Up

Well only three motor vehicle accidents observed today.  One on the way to work and two on the way home.   Perhaps driving in Riyadh is improving!  For the life of me I can’t understand why you would position yourself in the far right lane of four at the traffic lights only to want to turn left and cut across the other three lanes.  The fact that there isn’t an accident at every major intersection surprises me!

I had a call late last night from the Indian businessman whom shared the taxi and visa experience with last month.  He was at the causeway border station and wanted to know if I had renewed my visa. Then he asked me what date had we renewed it last month.  When I told him he said “Oh no, I’m a day late!”  His visa has now expired and he has to pay a large fine for being in the country illegally.  He also now has to go back to India and apply for a new visa.  Poor bast@rd, glad it wasn’t me!

No comments:

Post a Comment