Wednesday 12 February 2014

Interesting Names

I’m always fascinated by the interesting names some people create for their business. The Chinese are really imaginative with names like “Truly Best Box Shop” selling cardboard boxes. I remember a furniture store in Singapore with a sign outside “Genuine Vinyl”. Saudi Arabia can be almost as interesting with the “Fatburger” fast food outlet and today I noticed “Fog Town”!

 

Why name your business “Fog Town” when it sells printing and stationary supplies?

The can of Texas Strawberries from dinner last night have worked a treat. My neighbours were probably woken thinking it was a local “simoom” which is a nasty cyclonic wind from the Arabian desert. The rough English translation is “poison wind”, which is probably appropriate! I feel several kilo’s lighter. Looks like dinner tonight will be kebarbs. I’m down to my last box and can then move on to the large box of beef patties <yummm>. The bananas are starting to look over-ripe which probably means it’s time for another attempt at baking a banana cake. What’s the saying “That which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger!”

No comments:

Post a Comment