Sunday 29 December 2013

Return of the passport

My passport arrived back in the office around midday.  I contains another stamp with some wiggly writing along with a separate piece of paper containing yet another stamp and an empty box for a third stamp.  I think I need to present the piece of paper when either exiting or re-entering the country.  Probably exiting to prove I actually left!   I’ve been told the authorities will only give me this one visa renewal from inside the country.  This means I have to leave the Kingdom on or before 30 January and then return on my multiple re-entry visa.  No… I don’t understand either!

Now I need to ask the question of my employer “Where do you want me to go?” and perhaps more importantly “Who is paying?”

I think the cheapest option would be for them to arrange a few business appointments in Dammam on the coast of the Persian Gulf and then send me over the causeway to Bahrain for a couple of days.  Currently I have no craving for alcohol, but by the end of January a beer might be higher on the agenda :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment